Children need parental interaction and attention. Parental engagement is not only a biological and psychological need, but a necessary element that helps children to become responsible and productive members of society. Quality time doing a furniture re-purposing project is a great way to engage and educate your children.
Why should you include your child in this kind of project?
- Kids love to be engaged and busy. Take them away from their video games, computers, tablets, and phones, and show them how to be productive without technology.
- Kids like to feel they are included in things and want to help. It’s important to feed that desire.
- Before you take their technology to start this project, let them look up ideas for projects. Let them choose the color spray paint or let them be involved in other decisions related to the project.
- Spray painting anything means you will be outdoors, which is good for you and your kids. This is a bonding experience that makes lasting memories with and for them.
- You and your kids will get a sense of accomplishment after the project is complete. That sense of accomplishment extends to self-esteem and confidence.
- Your kids want to spend time with you. They need it and they desire it. Doing a project like this upholstery spray painting is a great way to spend quality time with them.
- You will learn a lot about your kids and they will learn a lot about you.
- They get to learn how to use spray paint to turn something old and ugly into something fun and beautiful. It’s also a life skill.
The sooner you involve your children in a re-purposing project like this the better. They learn the value of things and how to reuse them instead of throwing them away when they can still be used.
Simply Spray Fabric Paint allows you to do such a project with your children. One example I found on a blog was this small child’s sofa that was dingy and needed a facelift. This would be a good example of a project to do with your kids if you happen to find a kids’ upholstered sofa or chair cheap at a flea market or thrift store. This is what you can do if you want to make an old child’s upholstered couch look new again.
This is before and after spray painting with Simply Spray fabric paint.
The color used is this bright red, which covered the flaws, stains, and dingy look of the old, small child’s sofa. Red is a nice, bright, vivid color that brightens your child’s room on top of making an old piece of furniture into a project you can do together.
This bright red fabric paint is formulated to stay soft, so the texture of upholstery isn’t affected.
Simply Spray is safe for you to use with your children. Simply Spray fabric paint is:
- CFC free
- Fade resistant
- Easy to use
- Fume free
- Safe for children
- Easy to wash off hands with soap and water
- Designed for absorbent materials
- Good for large surfaces
It won’t rub off or transfer to clothes once it’s dry and it dries at room temperature so you don’t need to use heat on it to make it dry.
So, go ahead and get started on a furniture re-purposing project with your kids. Take that time to bond with them and teach them something new.